Calibration CAE Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £23.00 - £27.00 per hour - Ltd Co
Position Type: Contract
Duration: this contract will initially run until December 2017 but has great potential to be renewed on an annual basis
Job Reference: SC48656
Do you want to work within the UK's most prestigious automotive company?
Our client a global automotive industry leader, they manufacture and distribute automobiles across 6 continents.
As the Calibration CAE Engineer you will provide calibration engineer support to the Ford of Europe (FoE) Powertrain Calibration & NVH (PCN) Calibration CAE & Optimisation Methods Team.
As the Calibration CAE Engineer, you will be responsible for includes, but not limited to:
* Lead, manage, coordinate and develop communication between other PT Calibration groups, gPCSE and component design teams as necessary.
* Lead application of CAE-based calibration automation to other calibration features.
* Lead process initiatives to exploit PT Calibration DV efficiencies to reduce vehicle development time through increased use of HIL rig-based calibration and automation where possible.
* Provide training support to gPCSE software and Calibration development engineers, HiL rig development engineers and Calibration Technical Experts.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
* Good knowledge of PCM hardware and electrical interfaces.
* Detailed knowledge of dSPACE HIL rig configuration and operation including I/O interfaces and the Failure Insertion Units (FIUs).
* Detailed knowledge of automation scripting via programming capabilities in MS Excel and Python.
* Expert knowledge of dSPACE AutomationDesk and ControlDesk automation.
* Experience with processing data and modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow beneficial.
* Solid engineering related work experience aligned to education requirements listed.
* MSc or equivalent in Maths, Physics or MEng / MSc in Mechanical / Aerospace / Electrical / Mechatronics / Control
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on Calibration CAE Engineer or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in engineering recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Manufacturing, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, Aerospace and Precision. We are acting as an employment business/agency.