To receive and log in samples submitted by customers in a timely and accurate manner. To prepare samples where required and to assist the wider laboratory to ensure customer turnaround times are met.
- Assessment of all incoming samples including review of samples and packaging.
- Logging in of samples on to the LIMS system upon receipt, ensuring that correct quotation, testing and references are applied.
- Ensuring that the procedures meet the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g.iso17025/mcerts) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g. GLP/ISA/TLAS)
- Ensuring that any analysis that requires subcontracting is arranged.
- Ensuring that aliquots of the samples are taken where required and that any other preparation required is recorded.
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed and any extra information provided is detailed on the LIMS job.
- Storage of samples into the appropriate storage area including residual samples and extracts.
- When required, to undertake analyses in accordance with company procedures as requested by the section head / laboratory manager in an independent manner, for which full training has been given, and under supervision for other analyses
- To ensure analysis is undertaken in a manner which meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO 17025/mcerts) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g. GLP/ISA/TLAS)
- To ensure all relevant QA/QC criteria are met for analysis undertaken.
- To ensure the timely extraction of samples / reporting of data
- To assist with the development and validation of laboratory procedures.
- At all times it is the responsibility of the post holder to follow quality procedures laid down in the quality manual and relevant laboratory sop manual.
- To maintain the laboratory and sample storage area(s) in a tidy manner
- Understand responsibilities with regards to health and safety and agree to comply with the requirements of health and safety policy.
- Other reasonable duties involving the welfare and efficient operation of the laboratory at the request of a section head, the laboratory manager, or a director.
- Any other duties specific to the laboratory or division where the position is held.
- A basic understanding of science with an interest in chemistry is desirable.
- Some experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, ISO 17025 laboratory.
- Team player.
- It literate.
Standard working hours are Monday to Friday between 6am and 8pm by arrangement with your line manager and are department specific. Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be required and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.