Business Development Executive – UKAS/ Food.
Location: M6 Corridor, Birmingham, Wolverhampton,
Salary: Highly competitive + strong OTE .
Additional: 20% bonus, company car (or allowance), pension etc.
Reporting to – Managing Director
Our Client, a major testing Company with sites across the UK – are looking to recruit for an experienced Sales Specialist to work as part of a dynamic and growing team. The successful Candidate will be rewarded with a general basic salary, OTE , car etc.
- Promoting the company’s services and products to ensure the achievement of targets, KPI’s and overall business objectives.
- Undertake specific Key Account management roles as required.
- To generate prospects, follow up leads, attend sales meetings, and generate quotes and conversion of quotes into new business.
- To produce reports for the Commercial Director as required.
- To ensure that the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and any other systems utilised by the company are maintained with up to date information.
- To represent the company at client meetings and to prepare quotations and proposals and to follow up on these quotations.
- To work closely with operations in preparing quotations to ensure that the pricing achieves profit expectations and contractual obligations can be met.
- Input on reporting, forecasting, planning and market intelligence plus new business initiatives.
- To provide marketing information to the management team on competitor’s activity and new business opportunities.
- To input into the development of the company's sales and marketing strategies, in identifying market sectors, new business opportunities and threats to the business.
- To work closely with the Marketing Team on developing marketing initiatives to generate new business.
- To maintain contact with clients to ensure satisfaction with the company's services.
- To participate and implement the principles of the Key Account Managements and Customer Development Programmes.
- To draw to the attention of the Directors and Managers cases of dissatisfaction for remedial action ensuring that such cases are followed through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Representing the company before clients and on public platforms where required.
- You are responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which may take place outside normal working hours.
- You must read and comply with company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company particularly those associated with contractual obligations and requirements.
- Will ideally hold a Degree or a Certificate in Higher Education – or have sufficient sales experience.
- Proven sales experience selling to non consumer based Food markets (ingredients, food testing/ UKAS markets etc)- people who are selling into retail markets and consumer products are advised not to apply – the ideal person will sell products into food companies and have a successful track record within sales.
- Proven experience working to and exceeding targets.
- Will have solid interpersonal skills, with a key eye for detail and the ability to translate technical information to Clients in meetings/ introduction meetings etc.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Committed to customer care.
- Adaptable and able to sell into diverse customer base.
- Extensive travel is required, therefore Candidates will be expected to hold a full valid UK Licence.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.