Title - Analytical Method Development Chemist
Location – Manchester
Salary - £25,000 - £28,000
To undertake method development work, working predominantly in the Environmental, Air and Micro-pollutants parts of the business. Working closely with the Technical Director you will undertake 'hands on' development work at the bench using a variety of instrumental and 'wet chemistry techniques'
Using your experience in HPLC and GC-MS Method Development you duties will be to:
- To look at existing methodology with an aim to improve routine methods and make them more streamline, and improve efficiencies whilst maintaining them as 'fit for purpose'.
- To review technical data and write associated reports.
- Develop new methods, which could involve developing new business streams accordingly.
- Undertake clearly laid out projects with targets and time scales agreed in advance.
- Support and problem solving help can be called upon from other technical resources within the group where and when appropriate.
- Training in specific instrumentation and/or techniques will be provided when and where necessary if required as part of the project.
- BSc in Chemistry or a closely related science subject.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised with a problem solving approach.
- Previous experience in HPLC and GC-MS Method Development.
This is a full time permanent role working over Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm. There may be some weekend work involved. Flexibility and overtime will be required. The role is based in Manchester; however there will be a requirement to work from different locations on occasion.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.