Job: Senior Analyst - ICP
Our Client a leading Contract Testing Company is looking to recruit a Senior Analyst to lead the Metals analysis team. Working at their modern complex in Manchester, the successful candidate will gain a rewarding career working as a leader in Inorganic ICP analysis.
• Supervising and mentoring a team of 2 Technicians and 2 Analysts.
• Organising workload to ensure samples are reported in agreed timescales, prioritising and reporting updates to the Section Head.
• Operating, maintaining and trouble-shooting both ICP/OES and ICP/MS.
• Interpreting analytical data and dealing with queries from the results produced.
• Proficiency testing investigation.
• Quality control chart reviews on a quarterly basis.
• Support method development.
• Dealing with customer queries.
• Working in a high throughput environment to strict deadlines.
The successful candidate will have degree qualified in Chemistry or Analytical chemistry and have experience as Lab Supervisor/ Team Leader, or be working as a Senior Analyst with some supervisor experience. You will have a experience working in a fast paced, high throughput contract testing laboratory, with experience of operating, maintaining and trouble-shooting both ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm with flexibility required to meet business needs
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.