ANALYST (PESTICIDES) – CAMBRIDGE
To extract and analyse samples following the QMS guidelines and SOPs, working with the analyst team to ensure results are reported within customer time frames. This is a full time permanent position based at the laboratory in Cambridge.
- To undertake analyses in accordance with procedures as requested by the section head / laboratory manager in an independent manner, for which full training has been given, and under supervision for other analyses.
- To ensure analysis is undertaken in a manner which meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO 17025/UKAS) and/ or regulatory compliance standards.
- To operate and perform basic maintenance on instrumentation where training has been provided.
- To ensure all relevant QA/QC criteria are met for analysis undertaken.
- To ensure the timely extraction of samples / reporting of data.
- To assist with the development and validation of laboratory SOPs.
- At all times it is the responsibility of the post holder to follow quality procedures laid down in the quality manual and relevant laboratory SOP manual.
- To maintain the laboratory in a tidy manner.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to health and safety and agree to comply with the requirements of health and safety policies.
- Other reasonable duties involving the welfare and efficient operation of the laboratory at the request of a section head, the laboratory manager, or a director.
- Any other duties specific to the laboratory or division where the position is held.
- A degree in chemistry or a related field would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, ISO 17025 laboratory.
- Team player.
- It literate.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- An interest in science.
Standard working hours are 8am to 4:30 pm or 10am to 6:30pm by arrangement with your line manager. Some Saturday work will be required.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.