TITLE: Customer Service Advisor
To manage customer jobs through the laboratory to ensure required turnaround times are met. To deal with customer queries and complaints where appropriate and to invoice customers where required.
- Dealing with phone queries for information, quotes and customers chasing results.
- Arranging delivery of media and collection of samples for customers.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with customers to ensure that their requirements are met and that they are receiving a satisfactory service.
- Attending customer review meetings both on site and at customer sites where required.
- Performing contract review of all jobs received into the laboratory as per the company Quality Manual.
- Liaising with relevant sections of the laboratory to ensure that results will be available in the required timescale.
- Ensuring that reports for customers are delivered on time and where this is not possible communicating this to the customer.
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints to ensure there is sufficient communication and with the customer and a satisfactory outcome.
- Ensuring that contract review and reporting meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO 17025/MCERTS) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g.GLP/ISA/TLAS) are met.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety Policy.
- Other reasonable duties involving the welfare of the Laboratory at the request of the Laboratory Manager, or a Director.
- Any other duties specific to the Laboratory or Division where the position is held.
- A degree in chemistry or a related field would be desirable but not essential.
- Some experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, ISO 17025 laboratory within a customer service role is desirable but not essential.
- Confident communicator used to dealing with customers over the telephone.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- An interest in science.
Standard working hours are Monday to Friday 9am till 5:30pm but flexibility is required, some weekend work may be required and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.