Technical Author - Manchester
Edge Careers' client is a National Civil Engineering Contractor In line with their planned expansion they have a vacancy for a Technical Author to join them.
The Technical Author is required to work closely with the pre-construction team to develop detailed responses for the Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and Technical Proposals within Tenders.
Duties will include writing customised text, sourcing appropriate images and graphics to support responses. Working on your own initiative you will conduct research, interview contributors and gather information from a wide range of sources to construct a solid, well-structured response to the bid submissions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* To write and develop content for tender responses which are bespoke to the target To deliver high standards of work through supporting others to complete tender questions.
* Produce quality submissions which improve our conversion ratio from submission to success.
* Ensure all documents are free from errors and professionally presented. Develop an effective library of information and liaise with other departments to keep this updated Coach other team members in Bid Writing to improve our overall achievement.
* To prepare presentations in a number of formats
* The candidate Must have knowledge of Civil Engineering
* The candidate MUST be able to write a variety of responses and documents, demonstrate good use of English and have the ability to convert draft notes into proposals.
* Must show the ability to work to strict deadlines using excellent communication, IT skills and presentation skills and should have a flexible working approach (due to nature of the work some overtime maybe required)
* Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
The ideal candidate would be an individual from a project management background with pre construction experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Stuart Smith at Edge Careers.