Managing Estimator - Manchester
Edge Careers are recruiting for their client a national contractor whose civil engineering division now require a Managing Estimator to work in their Manchester office.
This is a succession role, leading to Head of Estimating.
As Managing Estimator you will:
* Personally be responsible for controlling the tender preparation process from receipt through adjudication, to delivery on time.
* Produce competitive and accurate tenders.
* Interpret and understand technical requirements of tender documentation
* Evaluate Bids
* Seek ways of offering innovative yet effective solutions
* Where appropriate attend de-briefs with clients
* Carry out special projects from time to time as directed by the Chief Estimator.
* Work as part of a team
* To have good mathematical knowledge
* To be up to date with IT packages including Workspace & Conquest
* To be up to date with what is happening in the market place
* To have good overall knowledge of Competitors
* To keep up to date with current legislation
* Understand the conditions of contract
* Be able to set up and maintain good systems and procedures.
* To possess effective Time Management skills, with a demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Stuart Smith at Edge Careers.