To efficiently manage and direct ramp activities to deliver high quality products/services to our customers.
* Supervise and manage staff to deliver excellent customer service
* Maintain applicable safety and performance standards
* Develop and build good relations with customers and Airport authorities
* Report irregularities and take appropriate action
* Participate and contribute to internal and customer meetings
* Conduct daily shift briefings
* Conduct safety meetings/briefings
* Liaise with OCC regarding daily workforce requirements
* Perform daily/weekly audits
* Build and maintain good management/workforce relations
* Ensure workforce adherence to company policies and Swissport SOP's
* Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
* In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
* Minimum one year experience in Ramp Service or related field
* A full driving license
* Knowledge about operation of Ground Service Equipment
* Must possess strong organizational and multi tasking skills
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
* Willingness to work in inclement weather conditions
* Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
* Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) skills and experience required
* Ability to speak and understand the English language
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: