First Wessex is a Hampshire-based housing association providing homes and services to local communities throughout Hampshire and parts of Surrey. We pride ourselves on working closely with residents and surrounding communities to make sure we deliver high quality homes and services. We manage and maintain around 20,500 affordable homes for rent or purchase and currently develop in excess of 300 new homes each year!
First Wessex staff play a critical role in the success of the business. It is our people who innovate, develop relationships with our stakeholders, promote our identity, deliver our services and find new ways to improve efficiency and productivity. Organisations with superior workforces are the most successful and at First Wessex we aim to attract, develop and retain the very best people to carry out the work required throughour professionalism, knowledge and ability to work effectively with our customers and stakeholders.
We currently have a unique opportunity within our current HR team for an HR Advisor in Portsmouth! This is a fixed term contract for 3-6 months, working 37 hours per week with a competitive salary of £33,625 per annum pro rata! Ideally the successful candidate will be able to start with minimal notice.
We also offer a rewarding benefits package including a generous company pension scheme, flexible working and a range of employee discounts!
The main purpose of the HR Advisor is to contribute to the delivery of an excellent HR service to the Property Services directorate. Working alongside the HR Business Partner and staff within the Property Services division, the HR Advisor will fully support the teams and help to enable the workforce to engage fully with corporate objectives.
The HR team are an integral part of the business, providing advice and guidance to managers on emerging issues and providing pragmatic business solutions. The current team is made up of 3 HR Business Partners, 3 HR Advisors, a Recruitment Advisor and a Shared Services Administration team. We also have a dedicated HR Projects Manager and Rewards & Benefits Manager within the team. We have a Business Partner model in place to ensure that there are clear points of contact for each area of the business, and take full accountability for issues within the directorates. This enables the HR function to provide a first class, professional service to all of our employees!
Some main responsibilities of the HR Advisor include:
* Provide guidance and support to managers and employees in relation to all HR matters, ensuring that best practise approaches are followed at all times
* Assist with recruitment and training initiatives as required, especially in periods of absence
* Act as second tier contact for ad-hoc query resolution
* Manage employee relations issues within the Operations directorate
* Guide, coach and mentor managers to achieve a strong and resilient workforce, delivering departmental and corporate goals
* Design and implementation of relevant action plans to address areas of concern
* Ensuring consistency in the application of HR processes across the business
* Partaking in ad hoc projects at the request of the HR Business Partner
* Proactively support the Business Partner when required
* Proven experience of working as an HR Advisor with knowledge of general HR procedures
* CIPD qualified or willingness to work towards this qualification. Qualified by experience will also be considered.
* Able to communicate confidently with employees at all levels within the business, providing advice and guidance on HR best practise
* Good understanding of Employment Law
* Experience in multiple case management i.e. disciplinary procedures, absence management, conflict resolution, gross misconduct, dismissals
* Knowledge or experience in redundancies and TUPE processes would be beneficial
* Full current driving license with access to a vehicle in order to travel between sites when necessary (mileage will be reimbursed for travel from place of employment at 45p per mile)
* Strong customer focus and people skills
* Proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook and good general computer skills
* Strong team player, also able to work well independently using initiative
* Able to confidently communicate directly with employees at all levels within the business. Professional telephone manner, strong written communication skills
* Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise workload effectively
* Impeccable attention to detail, methodical yet able to work reactively as well as proactively
* Assertive, able to remain professional at all times, diplomatic
* Keeps calm under pressure, able to work to tight deadlines
* Approachable and personable
Closes , however we reserve the right to amend the closing date based upon the number of applications received. Vacancies attracting a high volume of applications may therefore close earlier than advertised.